Van Nuys Bail Bonds
If you live in Van Nuys and find yourself in a tough situation, call 50 Bail Bonds today. No one expects to get a phone call informing them that a loved one has been arrested. When the call comes, it can be devastating, especially if you have never had to deal with this type of situation. Our agents take professionalism to a new level and will make sure that both your rights and those of the defendant are fully protected under the law.
Always Be Prepared For Bail Bonds Information
Everyone knows how important it is to be prepared for an emergency. Having a loved one arrested is not the type of emergency most people are ready to face. When it occurs, the first thing you need to do is call a reputable bail bonds agency. Make sure you have as much information as possible so they can get the process underway quickly and expeditiously. A short list of what may be needed includes:
- Defendant's full name
- Birth date
- Place of employment
- The nature of the charges
- Where the arrest took place
- Where the defendant is being held
If you don't have everything, the bail bonds agency will be able to find whatever you are lacking. Having to look up the information will slow down the process and getting out fast is the priority, so always be prepared!
Professional and Affordable Bail Bonds in Van Nuys
Bail bonds have a state mandated fee of 10%. This is non-negotiable and non-refundable. At 50 Bail Bonds we keep the process as affordable as possible. In order to save time, we have the ability to complete the Van Nuys bail process over the phone. We take cash, credit cards, money orders, cashier's checks, personal property and real estate to secure the bonds. Our office is staffed 24 hours a day to ensure that we are there when you need us, 24/7/365 and we are located in close proximity to the local Van Nuys jail at 14626 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91411.
Licensed and Bonded in Van Nuys
Every agent we have on staff is fully licensed and bonded by the state. We work hand in hand with local law enforcement agencies and the courts to ensure the process goes smoothly and that your loved one's rights are fully protected. We will do everything we can to help your loved one get back on track. As an added service we will even go to court with you if that will make you more comfortable.
Types of Bail Bonds in Van Nuys
There are several different types of bonds. They include:
- Cash Bond – A cash bond is one that is paid in cash for the full amount of the bond. Normally, a bail bonds agent is not needed.
- Surety Bond – A surety bond is a promissory note bond that can be secured by posting 10% of the total bond amount.
- Property/Collateral Bond – Property or real estate can be used to secure the bond if the assessed value is 150% higher than the total amount of the bond.
- Immigration Bond – An immigration bond is normally secured with property and has restrictions on travel.
- Domestic Violence Bond – A domestic violence bond is more detailed than a conventional bail bond and usually contains a protective order restricting contact between the two parties.
- Weapon Related Bonds – A person who has been arrested on weapons charges may have to forfeit their weapons to be able to place bond.
If you have questions about what type of Van Nuys bail bond your loved one will need, calling our office will get you the answers you need.
How the Van Nuys Bail Bond Process Works
Bail is normally set according to a Van Nuys bail bonds schedule. A schedule has set amounts for the most commonly committed crimes. Local judges have set the bail bond amounts according to state standards and allows for individuals to post their bond without having to wait for an arraignment hearing. An arraignment hearing is required if the crime committed is exceptionally violent or there were several crimes committed at the same time.
Once the defendant has been taken into custody at the Van Nuys jail, they will be charged determining how much bail they will need to be able to be released. They will then be booked into the jail. The process begins in booking where they will be interviewed, their belongings cataloged, fingerprinted and their information entered into the system.
When the bail bond agent arrives and posts bail, the release process in begins. This can take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours, depending on how busy the Van Nuys jail is. Once the defendant has been released, the bail bonds agent will go over their rights and responsibilities and answer any questions they may have about the rest of the process. The defendant will then be released to you or taken home.
What You Need to Know
The most important thing to remember is that time is of the essence. Move quickly to get the process started, but always be mindful of the obligations you are agreeing to as a co-signer. Both the defendant and the co-signer have rights and responsibilities that must be strictly adhered to. A few of the most important things to remember include:
- A co-signer has the right to revoke the defendant's bond, but doing so will result in the defendant returning to jail.
- The co-signer is responsible for the entire bond amount at all times.
- If the defendant fails to appear, their bail may be revoked and the defendant will be solely responsible for the total amount at that time.
- If the defendant is bailed out of jail, he or she agrees to comply with all of the court's demands, including appearing at all scheduled hearings and trial dates, completing required classes, abiding by protective orders, etc.
- Once the case has been completed, any monies owed to the co-signer will be released back to them. (This can take anywhere from two weeks to 30 days.)
- At any time during the process, the defendant's or co-signer's personal information changes, the court must be notified. This includes changes in address, phone number, employment, etc.
In Van Nuys, why choose 50 Bail Bonds?
There are several reasons to choose 50 Bail Bonds in Van Nuys. Not only do we offer the best service possible, we have other perks available as well.
- State of the Art Computerization – Our system is fully computerized and can electronically determine the status of any inmate, establish true ownership and credit guarantors of a bond. We are able to underwrite and qualify a bond in a short period of time. Co-signers do not have to search for deeds, titles or other important documents to verify the ownership of a vehicle or piece of property. We are able to do this free of charge for our clients who need the service.
- All Bond Types – At 50 Bail Bonds, our agents have the capabilities to write bonds for any type of charge and any monetary amount. We are self-contained and do not need to wait on permission from insurance company officials and representatives.
- We Offer Credit – In Van Nuys, CA, 50 Bail Bonds can finance all bail bonds fees in house. It is much easier for a co-signer to obtain the credit they need to post bail. We allow you to keep the funds you need to hire an attorney and begin to pay for any legal fees that might be incurred.
- Using Property as Collateral – The type of charge will determine whether or not collateral is required when posting a bond. Call one of our offices today to find out if you qualify to use property as collateral and what you need to do to get the process started.
- Spousal Abuse Specialist/Felony – Our agents are highly trained have an excellent track record when it comes dealing with felony cases.
- 1275 PC Motion – At 50 Bail Bonds, the information we provide is free of charge. When writing specific types of bonds, a motion may be needed before a defendant can be bailed out of jail. The motion must be made in court and approved by the judge before the bail bonds process can be completed.
- State Licensing – In California, all bail bonds agents must be licensed through the state. Our agents work quickly and efficiently when making the arrangements necessary to bond your loved one out of jail. We go to great lengths to describe the bail bonds process and make sure you understand each step. We also explain the financing options you have available to you. 50 Bail Bonds agents strive to do their very best when obtaining the release of your loved one.
We will make sure you understand every step of the Van Nuys bail bond process from start to finish. It can be extremely confusing, especially when you are dealing with a specialty bond. Our goal is to make the process simple, efficient and as fast as possible, without causing confusion or frustration. We want to make sure you know exactly what is going on at all times.
Call Us Today!
If you live in or around the Van Nuys area and find yourself in need of a reputable bail bonds agency, call our office today at 818-772-6969. At 50 Bail Bonds, we can help to alleviate your fears and worries and get your loved one back home where they belong.
14626 Victory Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91411